675g pork fillet, boneless leg or chump steaks
20ml / 4 tsp coriander seeds
2.5ml / ½ tsp caster sugar
45ml / 3 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
300ml red wine
Salt and ground black pepper
Fresh coriander, to garnish
1. Cut the pork into small chunks, discarding any excess fat. Crush the coriander seeds with a pestle and mortar until fairly finely ground.
2. Mix the coriander seeds with the sugar and salt and pepper and rub all over the meat. Leave to marinate for up to 4 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Brown the meat quickly, then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the onions until beginning to colour. Stir in the wine and a little salt and pepper and bring just to the boil.
5. Pour the onion and wine mixture over the meat and cover with a lid. Bake for 1 hour, or until the meat is very tender. Serve scattered with fresh coriander.