Creamed Spinach with Egg – Spinaċi bil-krema u bil-bajda
This is a very quick snack my grandma use to make for us when we were children.
- Remove the stalk from the spinach. Wash and cook without adding any water. Do not over cook, because it will loose its bright green colour.
- When cooked, remove from pan, drain well and put in a large mixing bowl. Chop and add some freshly grated nutmeg and seasoning.
- In a large frying pan heat some oil and cook the spinach on low heat till all the liquid is absorbed. Whilst cooking you have to stir the spinach frequently. Add 2 tablespoons of fresh cream. Mix well.
- In another frying pan melt some butter and fry the egg. Season according to taste.
- Serve the egg on top of the spinach with potatoes.