Fish Soup – Aljotta
150g white fish
75g peeled tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Wash and slice leeks. Peel and chop garlic cloves.
- Put garlic and leeks into a pan and add the water and lemon juice.
- Clean the fish and remove bones. Put fish in the pan. If you prefer you can put the fish in a muslin bag, fasten it securely and immerse it in the pan. When cooked you can easily remove the muslin bag from the pan.
- Wash and slice tomatoes and add to the pan together with the chopped parsley and mint. Cook on low heat for 35 minutes.
- Whilst soup is cooking boil some rice.
- When soup is ready pass through a sieve to make sure that there are no fish bones left.
- Before serving season and add small pieces of fish.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.