Green Peppers Stuffed with Tuna – Bżar aħdar mimli bit-Tonn taż-Żejt
4 large green peppers
100g chopped onions
25g tomato paste
one tin tuna fish
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the top of each pepper and remove the seeds. Wash and leave to drain.
- Boil the rice.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the onions till they become golden brown, add tuna, mint and tomato paste. Season. Add the water, simmer for 5 to 8 minutes stirring once or twice during cooking.
- Drain rice and mix well with the sauce.
- Preheat the oven.
- Stuff the peppers with this mixture and put them in a well greased baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.