Marrows Stuffed with Ricotta – Qarabagħli mimli bl-Irkotta
4 medium-sized marrows
salt and freshly ground pepper
50g grated cheese
- Wash marrows. Remove the tops and carefully scoop the marrows, taking care not to break them.
- In a large mixing bowl put the ricotta into a bowl and beat it well, till it becomes a creamy texture. Add eggs, salt and pepper, parsley and cheese. Mix everything well.
- Fill the marrows with this mixture.
- Put some semolina on a flat plate and dip the top of the marrows into it.
- Put them into a small pan or casserole, half cover them with water. Bring to the boil and simmer till cooked. Check frequently to make sue that there is always enough water in the pan.