Stuffed Eggplant – Brunġiel mimli
2 medium-sized eggplants
400g minced meat. You can use either only pork or beef or a mixture of both.
75g chopped onion
50g tomato paste
salt and freshly ground pepper
25g grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash and cut the eggplants in half (lengthwise) and boil for 6 minutes.
- With a teaspoon scoop pulp from inside, chop it and put in a bowl.
- In a frying pan heat some oil and lightly fry the onions. Add meat and the chopped aubergine. Cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomato paste, salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven.
- When mixture has cooled add eggs and cheese. Mix well.
- Stuff the eggplants with this mixture.
- Put eggplants in a baking dish and bake in a hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes.