Stuffed Potatoes – Patata mimlija
4 large potatoes
200g minced meat. You can use either beef or pork or a mixture of both.
25g grated cheese
25g tomato paste
75g chopped onions
2 eggs lightly beaten.
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel the potatoes. Remove the top and scoop out some of the inside. Take care so as not to break the sides of the potatoes.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and quickly fry the onions. Stir all the time to make sure that they do not brown.
- Add the meat and cook till it is almost done. Add the tomato paste and some water. Simmer for about five minutes.
- Add the cheese and eggs, and continue cooking, whilst stirring all the time till the mixture is thick. Season.
- Preheat the oven.
- Stuff the potatoes with this mixture and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake in a moderate to hot oven for 1½ to 2 hours.